These resources provide context for and background information relating to K-CEP’s cooling efficiency work:
- K-CEP Glossary
- UNEP Ozone Secretariat. Find information on the Montreal Protocol, including the Kigali Amendment, along with Technical Economic Assessment Panel (TEAP) reports and data.
- Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol. The Fund is dedicated to reversing the deterioration of the Earth’s ozone layer. It was established in 1991 to assist developing countries meet their Montreal Protocol commitments.
- The Climate & Clean Air Coalition HFC initiative
- HFCville interactive tool. Explore where HFCs are commonly used and where lower GWP substances and alternative technologies are readily available.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory: Benefits of Leapfrogging to Superefficiency and Low Global Warming Potential Refrigerants in Room Air Conditioning.
- Contribution of air conditioning adoption to future energy use under global warming. By Lucas W. Davis and Paul J. Gertler
- Will AC Put a Chill on the Global Energy Supply? By Michael Sivak
- Reducing HFCs with the world’s most successful environmental treaty. Find out more about reducing HFCs and why it matters with this video by the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, narrated by Durwood Zaelke of the Institute of Governance and Sustainable Development.
- Deadly heat waves projected in the densely populated agricultural regions of South Asia. By Eun-Soon Im, Jeremy S. Pal, Elfatih A. B. Eltahir. August 2, 2017.